In the last quarter of 2017, heading into the first quarter of 2018, GIFT began creating meaningful relationships with Delaware’s schools.
The door opener was the opportunity to bring mindfulness into the Casey Foundation–sponsored Compassionate Schools – Delaware’s schools working with the most at-risk student populations. Compassionate Schools is fully supported by the Governor and First Lady, the DE Department of Education and the Delaware Teachers’ Union (DSEA) among others. The first two were elementary schools Mt. Pleasant Elementary School and William C. Lewis Bilingual Elementary School. This has blossomed into many more elementary middle and high schools in several school districts and growing.
- Mt. Pleasant Elementary School
- Concord High School
- Nellie Stokes Elementary School
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary School
- McCullough Middle School (Librarians Training)
- Delaware State Education Association
- Baltz Elementary School
- Mote (Anna P.) Elementary School
- Shortlidge Elementary School
- William C Lewis Bilingual Elementary School
- University of Delaware
- Wilmington University